Upcoming Homeschool Programs:
- February 1 - Page Turners (12-16) - Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
- February 15 - Book Talk (8-12) - The Year of the Book by Andrea Cheng
- March 1 - Page Turners (12-16) - March: Book One, Two, and Three by John Lewis and Andrew Aydin
- March 15 - Book Talk (8-12) - The 100-Year-Old-Secret by Tracy Barrett
Our homeschool book clubs will continue via Zoom while physical programs are on hiatus! Miss Alyssa will be selecting books that can be borrowed digitally with the Hoopla app on a phone, tablet or computer. Physical copies are also available at the Information Desk.
Way Public Library offers four programs a month for homeschoolers during the school year. These programs take place on Monday afternoons.
The programs listed above are held specifically for homeschooling families. Don't forget to check our Upcoming Programs page for great events open to everyone!
Library Resources for Homeschoolers:
- Way's digital content (streaming, databases, test prep and more)
- Science Kits
- Preschool Kits
- Recommended Reading for Ages 8-12 (juvenile book list)
- Homework Help (Ohio Web Library)
- Find books by reading level (Accelerated Reader)
- Browse our books about homeschooling
Homeschool Web Resources:
Home School Legal Defense Association
A non-profit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedom.
Local Homeschool Support Groups
A searchable database of homeschool support groups by location.
National Home Education Research Institute
This nonprofit organization is devoted to research that disseminates information pertaining to homeschooling.